Honda gauge rebuild, part two

DSC00522

To prevent the crimped ring from scratching the fresh paint job i added a layer of tape turned inside out and talced so the ring would not stick while moving it into position.

DSC00524

Tachometer ready for crimping on lathe. New tachometer cable cut to length and proper ends added for the CB750 gauge. i did not have gray outer housing so i used gray heat shrink over a black one.

DSC00523

Applied modified appliqué, repainted needle and screws along with fiber washers. purple loctite was added once screw was pulled through face and minimum torque applied so there is no distortion.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s